10th EAI International Conference on Performance Evaluation Methodologies and Tools
Check out the latest news and follow us on twitter #VALUETOOLS2016
ValueTools 2016 focuses on methodologies and practices in modeling, performance evaluation and optimization of complex systems. It gathers together researchers from different communities including Computer Science, Networks and Telecommunications, Operations Research, Optimization, Control Theory and Manufacturing.
ValueTools 2016 solicits previously unpublished contributions that propose new performance evaluation methodologies and new tools. Three types of contributions are called for: regular papers, tool papers, and tutorials.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organisation devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT.
- Proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: EI, ISI Thomson´s Scientific and Technical Proceedings at Web of Science, Scopus, CrossRef, Google Scholar, DBLP, MAS, EBSCO, as well as EAI´s own EU Digital Library (EUDL)
- All presented papers in the conference will be published in the proceedings of the conference and submitted to ACM Digital Library.
- Accepted authors will be invited to submit extended versions of their papers to Special Issue in EAI Endorsed Transactions on Cloud Systems.
- Best papers will be selected to be published in the November 2016´ Special issue of the journal Performance Evaluation (Elsevier). (These papers will appear as extended abstract in the Valuetools proceedings).
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Communication & computer systems
- Distributed systems
- Cloud computing systems
- Cloud and Edge/Fog computing systems
- Machine Learning
- Large-scale performance analysis
- Interdisciplinary problems
- Manufacturing systems & supply chains
- Transportation systems
- Internet of Things
- Stochastic models
- Process algebras
- Queues and queueing networks
- Discrete-event simulation
- Mean-field techniques
- Fluid approximations
- Game theory
ValueTools 2016 invites the following types of contributions:
- Regular papers (8 pages)
- Tool papers & presentations (6 pages)
- Posters and Short Papers (4 pages)
- Fast Abstracts (2 pages)
Regular papers are ideal for presenting new evaluation methodologies and theoretical contributions. Tool papers should describe new tools or substantial improvements to existing tools. Fast abstracts are intended to give an opportunity to present work in progress, experience reports, wild ideas, or controversial opinions intended to promote discussion.
Submissions will be reviewed anonymously by at least three expert reviewers and papers will be judged based on originality, correctness, clarity and relevance. Submitted papers must be original work, and may not be under consideration for another conference or journal. Paper submission implies agreement that at least one author will attend the conference and present the paper if accepted.
Paper submission deadline: 24. June
Fast abstracts subm.deadl.: 4. July
Workshop subm.deadline: 4 July
InfQ Workshop subm.deadline: 1 July
Notification of acceptance: 27. July
Camera-ready deadline: 10. September